Tuesday, December 2, 2008

hippie chick outfit


hippie chick outfit, originally uploaded by littlegirlPearl.

A new style for me, and a top I had been putting off making. Generally I don't love wrap style blouses because I always wonder whether they will stay put when worn. Wonder no more, this little blouse is sturdy! It ties on both sides, with ties made from bias. The whole blouse is lined, including the sleeves, and I am digging the polka dot ruffle.

All fabrics are from Anna Maria Horner's garden party line. Totally beautiful, I cannot get enough of all the colors. Green is a fave of mine anyway, and I can't wait to do more of these little tops, maybe in blue. I think a long sleeve modification would look amazing too, so that might be next on my creative docket.

So the name you say? My husband, whose first impression declarations are often the names of my creations, decided this one was oh so "grateful dead". Huh? Really? I don't know, he's a huge fan, but I did decide to call it the hippie chick.